• “Impossible things are happening every day.” ~ The Fairy Godmother to
Cinderella (My favorite childhood story)
•I was voted “Most Likely to Travel”. I’ve been living up to that goal ever since! I’ve seen 48 of the 50 states (soon to be 49 this June when I visit Hawaii!) and traveled to 13 countries on 4 of the 7 continents (and counting!)
• I’m an introvert. People laugh at me when I tell them this. They think because I’m an award winning speaker I can’t possibly be an introvert. My love of speaking to large groups stems from my desire to connect with people, teach and support them in living fulfilled and brilliant lives. I actually have to get past my self-doubt to do it. Toastmasters helps too!
• Travel, thought provoking books, moan inspiring food, good wine, spa days and chocolate (not necessarily in that order!)
• “You’ll see it when you believe it” by Dr Wayne Dyer. It has transformed my life in a way that no other book has.
• I lose track of time. Not in a “normal” way (although I pride myself in being anything but normal). I get so caught up in the moment, I frequently forget what day of the week it is, sometimes the year! But then I don’t believe time is linear, which is another quirk of mine
• Being the master of my day. I love being home when our girls get back from school and being with them when they’re on breaks and summer vacations. With five of our seven kids grown and out on their own, I know how precious our time together is and how fast it goes. And one more thing . . . being self-employed, I have to admit, I love my boss. She totally gets me!
• “Practical Magic” because there’s a little witch in all of us. I adore the aunts, women who love who they are and refuse to conform. One of my favorite quotes comes from that movie: “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue?” This movie is filled with powerful anecdotes and I love the midnight margarita scene. I get up and dance every time I see it!